Life is looking up. I’m working on getting my balance back, and so far, not bad. September has flown past at lightning speed, and I’m pretty sure that if I blink, October will be gone too. I’m kind of happy to see the arse-end of 2017.
A lot of good stuff happened in 2017, but it also had its own share of meh. It’s probably just defined as adulting, and I can live with that.
So, here’s a rundown of what’s been going and not going in the last while:
- Gym is still going. I’m silently wishing I could do the personal training thing twice a week. It helps me if someone kicks my ass into pushing myself.
- My cooking is uninspired at present. I find myself sticking to the usuals or the one-pot stuff. Not bad, but not great either. I need to start experimenting in the kitchen again.
- Ellie is allergic to the world. We got the results back, and there are 32 items she’s allergic to. I’m now the dog-mom that cooks for the furkids. And I’m okay with that.
- We’re actually going away this December. A first! I’m really excited to pack up and go to another location for a few days. I should start stockpiling wine.
- There are literally 9-ish weeks to Christmas. Cue the panic! I’m always overwhelmed by the silly season… I have no idea why.
- I’m still knitting, and I have a seriously growing wool stash. I find it mostly de-stressing and slightly therapeutic. I’m trying to do more of it.
Things are looking up. I’m finding ways to deal with feeling overwhelmed, and I have a great support structure in place. I actually haven’t felt this zen in a while – so this is a great feeling to have, to be honest.
I do still need to get back into my cooking groove though. Hopefully, soon I shall find my inspiration again. A girl can wish.