Seeing as it’s summer, there’s nothing better than a fridge dessert to, well, cool you down and teleport you to your happy place… right? This is one of my favourites as well!
Peppermint Crisp Tart
3 x peppermint crisp bars
1 tin of caramel treat
Tennis biscuits for the base/in-between
- There are two ways to prepare the peppermint crisp bars… the first, to grate them, secondly, you can remove them from the wrappers, put them into a tough plastic bag (freezer bag should to) and bash them until they are fine, either with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser. (For obvious reasons, I follow number two.)
- Whip up the cream till it makes peaks and doesn’t seem runny any more, think spooning it out, not pouring.
- In another bowl mix up the treat, then add three quarters of the peppermint crisp bits.
- Mix the treat and cream together.
- In a bowl, pack the tennis biscuits, then a layer of the mixture, then another layer of biscuits, then the rest of the mixture.
- Top with the rest of the peppermint crisp bits and stick in the fridge overnight.
Sinfully delicious on a hot summer’s day.
Serve with: spoon.