1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Launched a chain of retail stores in the Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I should really just stop making them.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home with a few close friends.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, no.
5. What countries did you visit?
Just SA. Mostly work travels.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A sense of humour. More self-control. People skills. Patience. Grace. Less snark. Fashion sense. A decent haircut. Visible cheekbones. Less dark circles.
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No specific dates jump out at me.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Opening a chain of retail stores (same as point 1).
9. What was your biggest failure?
There are a few I’d rather not list.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from the normal kitchen-related injuries, no. I did get a spectacular cut on my foot thanks to my chef’s knife falling from the counter.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Apple Watch. A selection of cookbooks. Husband’s bicycle.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Cycling. Bonds. Bills. Dogs.
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Don’t think I have one of those. My playlist is firmly stuck in 2008, apparently.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cycling. Actually started running. More me-time. Looking after myself. Seeing more of my family. Losing weight. Eating healthy.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend time on planes. Bitching. Moaning. Being sucked into negativity around me. Losing my sense of humour. Losing my sense of me. Lost my wit.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Hmm. Suits. The Fixer.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Didn’t really get time for reading…
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
None jump out at me. But The Force Awakens wasn’t that bad.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I stayed home. Made a pulled lamb sammich, and went to bed early. (Yay, 30.)
I did have a get together for friends at the Good Food Studio before my birthday though…
22. What kept you sane?
Medication. Dogs. Husband.
23. Who did you miss?
My dad. My mom.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Actually my project team for the stores. They’re a bunch of cool people.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015
Don’t let others dictate what you do and think. We have enough sheeple in this world.
Also, my field of fucks is empty.
Seemingly 2015 turned me into a more cynical grinch than previously. Go me. Not. I’m seemingly also still out of a sense of humour. Please let me know if you locate it. It might be waiting for me in hell, or similar.
Let’s hope 2016 is a less grinchy year… I’m not counting on it. Also, I have clearly turned into a very unpleasant person.